Saturday, June 18, 2011

Let's Try Out This Blogging Thing...

I love to write, but I am not a writer.  I am a stay-at-home mom with a lot of ideas and little time to put those ideas on paper.  So I thought I'd try out this blogging thing I hear so much about.  I thought maybe one person might get something out of it.  That one person may be me, but I am okay with that.  I just thought I'd give it a shot and see what came out.  

In setting up this blog, I had to complete an "About Me" section.  Even after knowing myself for thirty-five years, I found it hard to sum up what I am all about in just a few short sentences.  This is how I would describe myself if given more space.

I am the mother to the silliest and sweetest little two-year-old boy, who makes me laugh every single day.
I am the wife of a fabulous guy I met in college, who I am crazy about.  
I am the daughter of my brilliant father and charismatic, driven mother.
I am the daughter-in-law of caring, supportive golf fanatics.
I am a sister to two awesome siblings and two fantastic sisters-in-law.
I am the aunt to the cutest little curly-haired boy you'd ever meet.
I am a friend to the most fabulous women I know. 
I am a die-hard HOKIE!!!!  Only Virginia Tech fans could possibly understand the significance of being a Hokie.
I am a runner.  Not a fast one.  Just a runner.
I am proud to say that I'm organized and love organizing things.
I am a lover of television.  There...I said it.  "Friends" is my all-time favorite.
I am moved by the song line, "Where you invest your love, you invest your life."
And my life's motto is that things, both good and bad, happen for a reason.

I hope you enjoy what I have to say.  Feel free to post comments if you'd like.  I'd love to hear from you!

3 comments:

  1. You're off to a great start Rachel!! I can't wait to keep reading more...by the way, you ARE a writer!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fanfreakingtastic! Yes, that's a word! I love it, and cannot wait to hear more about the life of the Lenahan's!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to follow you and your family! Beth

    ReplyDelete