Tuesday, September 27, 2011

(Type) A is for Awesome!

I am admittedly a Type A+ person.  I like things neat and organized all the time.  I really am not trying to toot my own horn, but I am good at organizing things and I enjoy the act of organizing.  It relaxes me.  I have often thought of starting my own organizing business.  If things are not in their proper place, I have trouble relaxing.  I like things to be clean looking and sorted into their proper containers.  Reese already knows how to sort things accurately because of my undiagnosed OCD.

My motto is, "If it's not a right angle, it's a wrong angle." A friend I used to work with, who will remain nameless and too has a shared undiagnosed case of OCD, used to come into my classroom and move things on my desk so they were no longer at right angles.  She thought this was funny and did this to tease me.  It worked.  It totally worked.

I thrive on calendars, organizers, and lists.  I inherited that trait from my mother.  I have an impeccably clean and organized calendar.  I have many lists going at once.  I actually love the act of crossing things off of a list.  It makes me feel like I have accomplished something.  Sometimes, after I have completed a task, I'll add it to my list, just so I can cross it off.  Don't tell anyone that...it's actually kind of embarrassing to admit.  But my mom does it too, so it can't be that unusual, right?  Sorry, Mom...I realize I just threw you under the bus too, but great minds think alike.  My question in life is this...How on Earth does someone live without lists?  I just do not understand it.  Lists rule.

So bottom line...if you need a closet organized or ideas on how to make a task more efficient, I'm your girl!  I know I'm a nut, but I know there are other nuts just like me out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment